View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I understand that.

What I don't understand is why people consider spending a few dollars to fix an other wise good machine to be such a bad thing. Money isn't everything.

Destroying one machine to fix another one that could be fixed simply by dropping some cash and buying some replacement parts is in my way of thinking wrong. There are times that a machine is just simply too far gone, use what you can, but in the last few months I've seen perfectly good machines destroyed simply because their decals weren't in good shape or they needed a hard to find part. This isn't a recent thing for me, I feel the same about cars, trucks, guns, fountain pens, and just about anything.
This mentality comes from collectors. Take the best parts from useable (insert item here _______________ ) put them on one that's shinier and charge more money for it. I find it sickening.

I won't rant any more about it here, I mean nothing personal by my comments, but I am not a collector and that's the way I feel.

Joe
I hear ya Joe...some folks just like doing the work. So now we know to send the machine to YOU...and buy one that needs no work...IF that is what we would rather do. I am in the fixer up corner myself!