Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I don't know if you saw a post I made (probably in the wrong thread) however, if you really want to spoil your fur babies here is a wonderfully easy tutorial link to making the most wonderful beds for our fur babies... http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...l-t181138.html
It is super easy and I've made several. You can easily make one under an hour.

Hav your kitties are beautiful! I love the Bengal markings....
onalee thanks and those beds look wonderful. my cats never seem to like beds as i have bought them several and even tried to entice them into the beds with catnip. catnip doesn't seem to work on the bengal. samson, my tuxedo, likes his head propped up so he is always trying to find a pillow to lay against and shaka, my bengal, likes lying on my leather furniture. so i made kitty pads like the one in the chair samson is lying on. i made a bunch of them to give to the rescue groups (both of my kitties are rescues) and still have a bunch to go. i cut up two queen sized really thick mattress pads (brand new as i had melted them in the dryer) as the batting and used tshirt fabric & corduroy that i had in my stash. i may try some fleece pads next time i am near a remnant bin.

how do you keep the fiberfill in place once you wash them? fiberfill when not tacked down has a tendency to bunch up in one spot.