View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Joe,

I don't sell stuff. Try www.helenhowes-sewingmachines.co.uk for feet and attachments.

3/6 (or 3s 6d) is 3 shillings and sixpence, old money, replaced by the decimal system in 1971. There were 12 pennies in a shilling and 20 shillings in a pound. So in new money 3/6 is 17 and a half pence. I'll let you convert it and allow for inflation.

Stoppaxes are very hard to come by if you want one. Helen Howes has one for £25 because it is so rare. I found one in the odds and ends with a sewing machine I bought a couple of years ago and searched the internet and found the instructions. I haven't tried it out yet - I've only just started FMQ and have used a hopping foot, like the one at the bottom left in the second picture.

A video on FMQ is on the list of things to do, but I will have to improve first!
Muv,
I never really thought you did. I read the instruction sheet, saw the address and price and knew it was from England. You're in England and in an "attempt" at levity I simply asked that question.

I was in my senior year of high school in 1970 when the currency change over was big news in the UK. It even hit all the major news media over here. I never fully understood the old British monetary system, and now that they're no longer in use have forgotten what I did know. But thanks for the conversion lesson.

I'll check out the link you posted too.

Joe