View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by drgranny View Post
I ftired out the kendle and the barns&nobel tablet and another one I can't remember the name of. There was something I didn't like about all of those. My husband insisted I have an ipad. So he got me an ipad. I don't need all the stuff it does as I only wanted to read books. So I have this $500 electronic goodie that I take places and always have to worry that it is safe. Don't want to mislay $500. I would have been happy with the Nook. It does almost everything the ipad does for half the price. You can listen to audo books on all of them I think. Also several of the Apple ipods are audio book capable. I got a nano and you are supposed to be able to put audio books on it but we have never been able to load them. There must be some "secret" method cause we have followed the directions and it hasn't worked. If I had it to do over I would probably get the Nook.
I love my Nook color; I also love my 3G nook even though I haven't used it since I bought the color. Both are so easy to use. The color allows me to do so much including using it as an address book, an organizer, to play games and so much more. I've thought about the Ipad but that is expensive and if I'm going to do much on a pc I'd rather be on a pc with a large screen and keyboard. I have a netbook that I bought and can download books and do the Ipad sutff with but then again I don't like the small screen and keyboard if I have a lot of pc stuff to do. When I'm reading or listening to music or books and I can even watch movies on my Nook Color I'm fine. I can use it in daylight or dark with no problems. If I had to do it all over again; I'd buy the Nook Color again. I'm only selling my Nook 3G since I can't read two and my daughter doesn't read. You have to evaluate what you want the device to do but the Ipad shouldnt be compared with the Nook and Kindle; they are different devices with different ranges of capabilities.