View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Default 42 bolts of fabric...

At work today it was time for my break, but I saw a 'regular/frequent' customer come into the dept. So I decided I would wait for her to pick her fabrics before I took my break. 30 mins later she is still selecting fabrics and there are just a few bolts in her buggy. 45 mins later I decide I needed to take my break, put out our sign that says, 'see photo lab', and went to take a 15 min break.
I come back to find her still picking out fabric. She has now been in the dept for over an hour. But her buggy is FULL!

She comes up to the cutting table and we start talking. She has selected fabric for 4 small quilts she has patterns for.

After cutting anywhere from 1/4 yard to 6 1/4 yards from the 42 bolts she had selected..... I had the honor of figuring out where all the bolts went! We are in the middle of receiving a TON of new fabrics so not all have a real home yet. I have put most of the new ones up so sort of knew where they belonged.

I was just glad I was the one there to cut it all for her and to be able to put it away! Anyone else would have had a cow and complained about it.

Just another wonderful part of my job in the fabric dept of WM.

Phyllis

Last edited by patricej; 03-30-2012 at 08:55 AM.