View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Fixedgearhead

It is saved in the portrait format. I took the picture on my iPhone and sent it as an attachment to myself, which showed as portrait format, to my own email address. From there I saved it onto my desktop, where it is shown as being in portrait format. At no time did I enter it into a photo management software. I have used this procedure before when I didn't have a camera with me, and have not had the results that happened as stated. I know about saving it when using photo management software and regularly use that sort of thing with downloaded photo's from cameras to my computer, such as iPhoto or the one for my Nikon Camera. I just wonder if there was a default for landscape on your posting software, and if there was an override setting that I missed. Maybe because I took it in the portrait position I should have downloaded it to iPhoto and checked that it was truly in that format and not the horizontal, or landscape of the iPhone's vision. Even if that is so, it doesn't show up on my desktop in any but the portrait format. Curious, don't you think?.
John