Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Question about Picture format >

Question about Picture format

Question about Picture format

Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM

Default Question about Picture format

I recently posted a picture in portrait format. When it was shown in the post, it was turned on it's side, and shown in landscape. What Gives? Is there a way to make it accept the format I want, and not post it in a silly change of format?
Thanks.

John
Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Administrator

the photo will post in exactly the same way it was stored on our computers. in order to keep it "upright", make sure to save it after you rotate it in your photo management software.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 AM

It is saved in the portrait format. I took the picture on my iPhone and sent it as an attachment to myself, which showed as portrait format, to my own email address. From there I saved it onto my desktop, where it is shown as being in portrait format. At no time did I enter it into a photo management software. I have used this procedure before when I didn't have a camera with me, and have not had the results that happened as stated. I know about saving it when using photo management software and regularly use that sort of thing with downloaded photo's from cameras to my computer, such as iPhoto or the one for my Nikon Camera. I just wonder if there was a default for landscape on your posting software, and if there was an override setting that I missed. Maybe because I took it in the portrait position I should have downloaded it to iPhoto and checked that it was truly in that format and not the horizontal, or landscape of the iPhone's vision. Even if that is so, it doesn't show up on my desktop in any but the portrait format. Curious, don't you think?.
John