Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 AM
clsurz

I more often than not will buy 5 yards or more and already have several bolts sitting in my house that are from 8 yards to 10-15 yards on each. I buy them first and fore most cause I can and want to. I also do so when the price has it on sale as a Walmart in a neighboring town had this week for $2 to $3 a yard so I picked several bolts I liked the quality of and took all of it. It had from 8 to 10 yards on these bolts. Most of there bolts at Walmart if full is usually 10 to 15 yards but mostly 10 yards. I use it all to make quilts for homeless children and displaced children (those taken out of there homes and put in foster care). Now I have purchased a bolt at regular price of black, white, and gray to use in my modern quilt projects and got a discount from the LQS for doing so. She knocked of a couple dollars per yard which saved me quite a bit. I also like to do free form piecing into scrappy quilts or into scrappy one of a kind cut block for a special project. I like to experiment so need many solids and printed fabrics.