View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Kazahleenah

Originally Posted by Lostn51 View Post
Yep its spring time and here in the lovely south we are getting ready for gardening! My neighbor and I are renting a tiller and we are going to have a digging party later this week. Between the both of us we are going to have close to a half an acre worth of garden and we will be growing different things so we can share the bounty when it come in. But right now we are in the middle of planning what we want to have in them.

So here is a question, what would you grow or are you growing in your garden and have you already started planting?

Billy
Last week the weather was unusually nice (in the 80's in Michigan in March!!) So, yes, I have tilled my garden twice so far. Also broke sod for the strawberry patch and where the cherry bushes will be planted this spring. I dug up my Rhubarb, and seperated it and planted it in it's new bed. Cleaned out the raspberries, blackberries, asparagus patch and horseradish patch. Trimmed the apple, pear and blueberry trees/bushes.
In my vegetable garden, I will be planting: Tomatoes, pickling cukes, slicing cukes, pie pumpkins, sweet bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, pole beans, wax beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, corn, radish, carrots, potatos, butternut and buttercup squash, beets, spinach, eggplant and rutabaga.
In my Herb garden I will be planting: Basil, oregano, Dill, and parsley. There is also Thyme, garlic and chives already established there.

I pretty much grow/raise all my own food.

(P.S. : My gardens are all heirloom varieties)

Last edited by Kazahleenah; 03-30-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added a PS.