View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Thanks for all the pats on my back. I really do love my customers. I know the regulars, know when they have not been in for a while, know what fabrics some of them look for and point them out if we get knew ones in they will like. I try to always ask what they are making with the fabric they are buying. Often they ask for help in figuring out how much fabric they will need. (Most of the other workers in the dept, except for one who is now in a different dept would not have a clue how to figure yardage out. ) Our own dept mgr doesn't have a clue.

If they are buying fleece for the tie blankets I ask if they know how to make them, and will show them how, plus show them my trick with needle nose pliers that will save their fingers.

I really get excited when someone comes in and says they don't know how to sew/quilt! I've sold more than one sewing machine that way! I've had people come in for needle and thread, and sold them a sewing machine! LOL

And to think 3 years ago when I started working in that depart I remember asking my then manager, "How do you tell one fabric from another and how is the world do you know where each bolt goes?" Her reply? "You'll learn." LOL

I think I've learned. That and more.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie

Last edited by patricej; 03-31-2012 at 03:48 AM.