View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Monroe

I have a lightweight Brother CS6000i which has 60 stitches, uses low shank or snap on feet. The only annoyance is the default needle position is on the left and I have to remember to set it to center (01) or right (37). It may be reprogrammable, as apparently some Brothers can be reset. It comes with the extension table, case (no latch), and many feet. I think it's crazy to spend a lot for a machine and have to buy these items as add-ons. I bought mine used from another quilter about 5 years ago. They can be found new for about $175, refurbished for about $100 (try overstock.com), also AllBrands. I think JoAnns has them on their website. Don't fall for the supposed list price of $350. I use a cane and this machine is light enough for me to tote around. I've had fellow quilters help me carry my gear in to meetings and are surprised to find my tote bag weighs much more than my machine. They of course have the super expensive delicate heavy high end machines, and at least 2 bought a Brother for traveling. Mine has tipped over in the car twice- no problem.