View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Morag

Originally Posted by piepatch View Post
Needing information on the Eleanor Burns Log Cabin quilt from anyone who has made it. I had some E B instructions long ago, but I think she has revised them in recent years (not sure). I have heard her version is a good one, and would like to hear from someone who has made it. For that matter, I would like to hear from anyone who has made ANY Log Cabin quilt, and what you have to say about your method. Do you cut your strips to size, or cut long strips and sew and cut? Thanks so much.
I'm in the process of hand quilting the binding on my log cabin quilt for my daughter. I used E. Burns log cabin in a day book. I followed her pattern and of course it took me longer than a day LOL LOL!.
It was simple to do but of course I had to be careful when putting the squares together. I did the "Barn Raising" pattern.
My hubby helped me pick out the colours and I must say he did a great job. Several shades of red to brown and several shades of cream to a light tan...There are two borders, inside one is red and the outside border is brown. Frames it nicely I think
Turned out very pretty so far.