Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
nanna-up-north

The machine I'm working on is a Singer model 27 treadle.... made in 1899. My brother had purchased it and then he died.... about 10 years ago. My sister-in-law gave it to me last week. She wanted to get it to me sooner but stuff happened and it sat in a storage unit for several years. I don't know if it was working or not when my brother bought it. He figured I'd get it to working....... so I'm trying to do just that. It was really dirty..... lots of lint packed in under the feed dog, rust on the bobbin winder so it wouldn't even move. I've gotten everything loosened except that stubborn stitch regulator. I threaded it up and it sews.... ordered a new belt..... and I read Glenn's refinishing steps to get the shellac looking good again. I don't want to start refinishing until I get that regulator moving.

I have located the opening under the wheel and removed the wheel to get at it easier. I took the plate off on the back. I'm working on getting this thing oiled, heated, and thanks to Ken..... I started looking through that refinishing book. He had some other suggestions as well. So I really do appreciate everyone's suggestions..... I'm working on it...... being patient...... I'll get this!!

You all are the greatest.... and I'll keep you posted!