View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Nanamoms

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
It's too bad you can't have a quilt block engraved on her stone. then the weather wouldn't be an issue, or maintenace. And a hundred years from now, everyone who saw it would know she loved quilts.
That is exactly what we did for my mom and dad's headstone (a double). The monument company had an excellent artist and he draw a Hummingbird (my mom loved to watch them) and a tractor (my dad tinkered around with his antique tractor all the time). Once the rendering is made, it is then engraved onto the marble. It was very different for us. Also, in the manner of the flag style with a weatherproof quilt, we put a garden hanger at my mother's graveside and keep a small wind chime on it. She also loved wind chimes.

I think you could do either an engraving or a small quilt hanging to put on one of the garden flag hangers.

So sorry about the loss of your mother....my mother also LOVED Easter Lilies and although only 1 sister lives near enough to visit, I know there will be Easter Lilies in their urn on Sunday!

Last edited by Nanamoms; 04-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.