Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
I have too stopped buying I have so much it overwhelms me and I find I do nothing . Now the fabrics keep getting prettier and I also find my tastes have also changed . I am in the process of gathering and sorting for a few projects and the rest is going in the dump as well I mush have room to sew and currently I do not It is a long and difficult decision but don't you feel better now !
Please do not throw away in a dumpster. Donate to Salvation Army store or Goodwill or give away here on the QB for the price of postage.

To the OP, I am so sorry you lost so much to mildew, rodents and bugs. I am fortunate that I have plenty of storage in my living area of my house. My guest room has a large chest of drawers that is full of fabric. Then I have 3 under the bed size Rubber made storage containers also full of fabric. The closet of my guest room which is really my sewing room has prepackaged batting. I store my roll of batting under the rack of my LA. I don't have as much stash as many here though.

I go through things often and at the first sign of mouse activity I put out poison. I keep replenishing the poison until it is no longer taken. My cats aren't allowed in these rooms and mice seem to know it! Some years we get more activity than others.