View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
burnsk

I just took my Pfaff 1473 in for service - it was clicking and the tension was giving me fits. I can usually fix any problems it has but NOT this one. First time ever !!! It gets it's usual annual D&C. This time it turns out that part of it needs to rebuilt (something to do with a hook). If I ordered a new part it would be $400 but getting it rebuilt and a good cleaning is going to cost $200. I have a Pfaff 7570 that I'm using also but wouldn't part with the 1473. It's 21 years old, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. The repairman said, "You obviously use this for what it's supposed to be used - sewing". Because of the age, all metal parts rubbing, it was wearing down. But he said it was worth the $ to repair it. It's a machine that I use to teach all the kids how to sew on - they can't mess it up. He said I'll get another 20 years minimum out of it. I trust this guy explicitly - I've bought this machine from him and he knows I'd be knocking on his door if there were problems with it after he fixed it. It's a 75 year old family business and he's known throughout the state.