Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
karensue

One more bit of advice - I have been buying embroidery library's designs for over 10 years now and they stitch out beautifully (I have 2 tol sewing/embroidery machines and a 10 needle embroidery machine), as well as other sergers, sewing, quilting machines.

BUT, when you download your designs from EL: When you do the save, you will notice that the name for the design is just numbers - BEFORE saving, type in the Actual name of the design infront of those numbers, then hit save. The first few years I didn't do this and basiclaly never really knew what designs I had.

Agree with other lady also on getting an external back up drive for all those embroidery (free and purchased) designs, as well as photos, videos and documents. I have the clickfree, plus 3 more external drives. I do this the 1st of every month. It only takes one time for a computer to lose all your valuable photos and designs to realize the importance of this - Ask me how I know (grrrrrrrrrrrr).

Also, make categories for saving - even if basic: Animals, redwork, fsl, children, holidays, etc. and save your designs in those sub folders fromt he start. I have a folder for each year (EX: 2012 bought emb des - and 2012 emb des), and then sub folders under those. That way the folders aren't so large you wait forever to open them. And I do like to have my bought designs seperate.

KarenSue