Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 AM
romanojg

I have the Viking #1 with embroidery, the mega quilter and my latest Viking Ruby; love them all. Not sure where you are on the east coast but make sure the dealer is good. Mine is in Carrolton VA and has free monthly embroidery classes and they are very knowledgeable about all of the Viking machines. All of the staff in the store are really nice and I like going there. These are things to keep in mind. We have a Bernina dealer here and I wouldn't buy there because of the staff and management are rude and I wouldn't want to have to deal with them too much. Is this a basic machine or does it also do embroidery. I got mine used but I knew the previous owner and I did go thru the dealer so I got the classes and warranty and it only had 7 hours of use. The previous owner just decided right away that she wanted the latest one out so she got it. Lucky me. I know their new Topaz 20 is 1900. I knew I had to have larger hoops than most with 4x4 would have gotten me bored really fast. I use the largest one the most so I made the right choice for me. Vikings are really good machines; talk to your dealer/store.