Thread: My avatar
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Loretta in Indiana

Originally Posted by grammer ann View Post
Yes. I made this quilt for my daughter and her husband. This spring my daughter took it to a local quilt show in Illinois to be appraised. When she called me, she said mom guess what that quilt is worth. I sure didn't know and guessed $500. She said not close, mom, the quote came back at $3000. With that, she took it off the bed and folded it with care. Her dear husband is now freezing at night. I was stunned.

Someone here on the board asked if I pieced by machine or by hand. I guess the answer is both. I tend to hand baste the pieces together and then sew them by machine. I have gotten e-mails regarding drawing the pattern with EQ. This was done on an older version than what I have now. I have a different computer and no longer have my EQ5 files. I tried drawing it today - not difficult, but every time I tried to take it from Easy Draw to Color, I got a message that it was too complicated and the program would freeze. I don't understand, but I'm not real proficient in EQ. Maybe someone knows what I am doing wrong.
What if you just used Easy Draw and did not take it to Color -- would you just get a black and white drawing (of the pieces or blocks), & then you could write in the colors manually after you printed it out as a guide?
I also have EQ7, but mainly use the blocks in their Block Library. I have drawn my own blocks (occasionally), but the blocks are either squares or rectangles, no curved lines. How did you figure out the successively larger curved wedge pieces? I feel that I am still at the 'advanced beginner' stage with EQ7.