View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Kitsie

I can definitely relate!! I live alone in an old manufactured home - on the same property as DD & family - and my kitchen is set up entirely as my sewing room although it is still very much the kitchen. L-shaped arrangement of tables, lots of counterspace, skylight - oh, yeah, I love it!

I can leave it all up if I want, ready for the next day, yet DGS loves to do his homework under the bright light. I look straight ahead to horses in the pastures, turn my head to see the TV or look out the front windows. Get a snack!

As a child my bedroom was on the north side of the house with another house very close. I felt cold, lonely and "out of the loop" so I'm a lover of light and bright! Would not like to have a separate room - upstairs or downstairs to have to go to. My DC was so happy when her son left home to be able to make her dedicated craft/sewing room upstairs. She confesses she has yet to use it - too isolated. But others love their rooms, so just shows how different we are. Maybe some come from large families and enjoy to have their own space.
Anyway, don't know why I'm going on and on on your topic! Just wanted to say I understand!