View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 AM
EagarBeez

I know I am a bit late about answering this. I have felt the same as you. Should I make a quilt for someone that I thought would not appriciate it? I had to mull this same question over and over. I believe if I give a gift, then it is just that a gift. It is up to the recipient if they take care of it. I am currently working on a quilt for my children. They asked me to make them one. I had previously made a puff quilt for my granddaughter. Full size for her bed. When I had visited last, there were a couple of squares that were torn, by the family dog that was allowed on her quilt. My granddaughter of course is only 5 and I must have had rocks in my head when I made this quilt. I brought it to their attention and asked about it and my daughter wanted to know if I could repair it. I told her I did not think so, and I also stated to her that I was weighing if I should make one for them if something like this would happen again, she assured me it wouldn't. I am going ahead with the quilt since I have the supplies, and hoping for the best.
My advice to you would be go with your heart.