View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
carolaug

LOL...I have so much fabric that is not labeled...how in the world would most people know that...that is just silly...
Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Your group takes themselves entirely too seriously! I have so much stash, if I had to come up with the manufacturer of every piece of fabric I used in a quilt it would be impossible. I'm curious about the thought process your group went through to come up with a rule to include the company that made a fabric. Was it a request by fabric companies that led you to make this rule?

I think it's overkill, but that's my opinion. I can't think of any better way to discourage quilters from sharing their talents. I've been sewing for 38 years and in all that time I haven't seen one lawsuit, complaint or even a nasty letter by a fabric company because their name wasn't included as the maker of a fabric someone used. Can you imagine how large the quilt label could end up being on a quilt, even if someone were able to come up with all the manfacturers? Would we then need to create a "map" of where to find Moda's scrap, for example?