View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:39 AM
MacThayer

I saw a house with an open floor plan, and the woman had covered the CEILING with quilts. I know that sounds strange, but it was just awesome! Plus she had taken a couple of room dividers, removed the fabric or whatever was in them, and replaced them with her own quilts. Each of the dividers had a "triptych" done in small quilts, or in other words, a series of 3 quilts that belonged together to make a whole scene. One was a series of natural settings, and you could see where the border went around the outside of the whole, not around each quilt. Flowers, butterflies, a garden path, trees -- all continues from one quilt to the next. It started with a meadow at one end, and finished with the beginnings of a forest at the other. It was just gorgeous! The other was more eclectic: the same quilt done in three very different color schemes, yet they all came together.

Can you tell this made an impression on me? I wish I had pictures!

Quilts make a house -- or condo or apartment -- into a home. They give color, warmth and personalization to the home. And you're right. I should be keeping more of my quilts instead of giving them all away! Thanks for the head's up!

Cheers!