Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
boy, was today a goof or what? I thought I'd sew all day and garden some. But I'm totally pooped though did a bunch of yard work. Yesterday, I finished the top of the quilt I wanted to work on today. I wish I had a camera handy but I don't...Now, I need to dye more fabric cause I'm about 200 inches short of binding. I usually don't under=dye but I didn't figure on scalloping the edges so now I need more. And, the other planned to work on project just isn't calling me today. So, I'll do handwork later in the evening.
Oh my! I hope things start going the right way now.

Originally Posted by azwendyg View Post
I've been working on this for a few hours and just got finished:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328000[/ATTACH]
There are a couple more pics and a little more info in the "Pictures" area here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5143005

Now I want go through and read everyone's posts, then I must get back to my cleaning!
Lovely!! What a fun block, and a great way to use an orphan block.

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I'm late joining because I just got home. I had not planned to do any quilting today; but all of you have inspired me. I realized that I had fat quarters to make a "Yellow Brick Road" quilt in beautiful pinks and greens. I am cutting it out and, hopefully, can start joining pieces before the day is over. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Glad we could inspire you!! i love that pattern, it was the very first quilt I ever made 10 years ago (and a King size to boot! I have NEVER made a quilt that big again! LOL) Can't wait to see pics!!

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I started a while ago so I'm on my first break. My goal for today - to get the mitered piano keys borders on a Jewel Box quilt. The try sandwiching it using the Sharon Schamber method with boards. - two firsts so wish me luck.
Good luck!!! I hope you will share pictures with us.

Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
We went to a local pancake breakfast and I haven't felt good since then. I did one block and I think I ripped every seam on it. Not sure today is my day to quilt. Going to rest and try a little later.
awww some days are just like that. I hope you start feeling better!!