View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
I've read on my embroidery groups that putting thread in the freezer will restore moisture and keep it from drying and breaking. Haven't tried it myself yet.
I tried this with my thread that I was having trouble with for embroidery. At first I thought it was working great then it started breaking again. I went last weekend and bought larger needles, sharps and now my freestanding lace designs are going great. I'm using polyester thread and I left it in the freezer for a few months. I didn't want to use my expensive thread on the lace when it would be wasted so now it's working great. I heard one person who teaches FMQ say to put you cone of thread on the table if you are having thread breaking problems; sometimes it comes off the spool differently and that seems to make a difference.

I thought at first mine was dry thread as well after reading all the post last fall but I still had the same problems when I bought new thread. Changing the needle size, type and I also slowed it down (which I had already tried) gave me perfect pieces. Finally.

Last edited by romanojg; 04-16-2012 at 12:17 PM.