Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM
margecam52

Well, I got a late start on reading the blog...but I have been quilting and sewing all day (for the past month actually)...I'm with you in spirit!

I am binding the last customer quilt & also quilting a last customer quilt. These are pro bono...actually in trade for fabric the two sisters brought to me.

I've frogged (ripped out stitching) on this Iris cross stitch top twice now...this time I like the look. I was doing it in a cream 100% poly...but the purple border/backing made the quilting too bright (was using brite white thread in the bobbin)...so, now I am using a 35 wt 100% white cotton in the center of the top (the cross stitch squares), and a purple in the borders...and a darker purple on the back...so far, so good...two blocks and three borders to go.

I'm taking a break right now, then will bind the lone star (doubknit ..thin blouse weight stuff)...made the binding last night.

Yesterday, I finished the last of 14 customer quilts (for my SILaw).. After these two quilts get to their owner...I'm going to do some spring cleaning! We have company coming next weekend.

Enjoy your sewing everyone!
Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Today's the day!! I will be spending a good portion of today sewing and thought it would be fun to have others join me. (It's only 5 AM where I am right now, so I will be going back to sleep for a few hours first, but I wanted to get this post up for those of you in other time zones!! )

I have always wanted to go to those all day sews at a LQS store, but not knowing anyone and having to drag my machine around has always stopped me, so I decided to do the same thing with my virtual friends. I can sew in my PJs, leave my machine where it is, and still get the encouragement I need to get some much needed projects done. So come and join me today!!

The rules couldn't be any easier. Tell us what your goals are for today, then get off the computer and sew! hehe Of course every hour or couple of hours, be sure to check in and let us know how you are proceeding, share pics and offer up encouragement to others.

Here are my goals for the day:

Goals for 4/15
1. Bind my charity rainbow quilt.
2. Make 2 Stripe blocks for my stripes quilt
3. Make a few blocks for my solids only quilt
4. Bind pink quilt for my niece

I have a feeling I may only get #1 done, but I wanted to mix it up a bit so the day wouldn't be boring.

So are you joining me today? Join in any time!! Just let us know you quilty goals and be sure to check in so we can encourage you to keep going.

Cheers!
Rachel
Attached Thumbnails pict5807.jpg   pict5788.jpg