View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 AM
clsurz

IMHO if the fabric is so thin that you can see through it is simply not worth buying not even at 25 cents a yard. Walmart has plenty of that at various prices.

I was in our local Walmart yesterday and somehow got rerouted in that store because they change alot of things around from last time I was in there. The sewing department seemed to have the biggest change. Nothing in that department is as it was before. They took out there cutting table and left them with one less than half the size of what they had before. They added about 24 ft of extra fabric space which now starts at $2 a yard (which I have never seen in that store before) up to $8.98 a yard and some of the fleece as high as $9.98 to $11.98 a yard. Wasn't much in the way of fat quarters or 2 yard cuts like they had before. The sewing machine area is half the size it use to be with very few machine models on it. I did not see as much space for accessories like scissors and such things as they use to have.

The workers are teed off as are customers and the lesser quailty of the fabric and the higher prices so I fear folks will do as many of us already do and that is to drive to a neighboring town to the LQS when you can buy off the sale tables from $2.98 to $3.98 a yard better quality fabric and regular shelfing fabrics from $5.95 to $9.98 a yard. They also will visit that towns Walmart and find better quality fabrics than at ours for a better price.

No way will I ever buy any fabric from anywhere that I can see through it no matter what color or print it is and our Walmart has alot of it like I said from $2 to $5.95 a yard and anything over $5.95 a yard which is up to $9.98 a yard a bit better quality but not worth buying at those prices when I can go to the LQS in a neighboring town which takes only about 20-25 minutes to get to and get a better quality for lesser money at times.