Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Feathers

This is a BUMP to remind everyone who is interested in making Santa Socks for Soldiers that they need to be to the coordinator ASAP but no later than 10-1-09. Coordinator is Carri Pool has asked me to remind all of you of the need for socks. . If you look above all the info to get ahold of Carri is listed plus the pattern. She has indicated that if anyone would also like to make $$ donations that would be wonderful to help pay the postage to send them to the Soldiers in Iraq/Afganistan and to help pay for the items that are put in the socks. Last year our quilt group sent boxes of individually wrapped candy and cookies, jerky, etc. (store-bought, no homemade) but the postage is so expensive and some items they received were not appropriate...chocolate candy going to 120 degree temperatures just melts and makes a mess so they think if they had money they could buy the items in bulk, buy what will ship OK without ruining the socks (melted chocolate) and everyone would have basically the same contents in the socks. NOBODY IS UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO SEND MONEY! Please know that what they really need are the socks and they'll figure out how to pay for the contents. Our quilt group decided to just send money this year plus the socks we make...no goodies ! Last year our group made about 300 socks. It was such a "feel good" activity for our group. If you send socks, please tell her Feathers requested your participation...I don't want credit, I just want her to know I'm doing what she asked me to do. :-)

Thanks guys. If you've already sent Socks to Carri for this year, Thank you. She sent me an e-mail the other day with about 8 pictures of the socks she's received so far with a question? "Do you see your socks in these pictures?" She'll probably send you the same e-mail if you put your e-mail address in the box with your socks. Thank you again.