Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
flhomeschoolmom

Hmm. A cat and someone who is not mobile. I own two cats, both females, with very diffrent temperments and personalities. My Absynian/Cornish Rex mix would not make a good pet for a disabled person. She is not affectionate, very spunky, very mischevious, and has been known to get herself into some precarious situations...like when she climbed my curtains and got on top of my top kitchen cabinets. She figured out how to get up there, but she couldn't figure out how to get down so she just paced and meowed until we came to her rescue. My 7 month old long hair would be a disabled person's best friend. She's lazy, very lazy. And as long as she has food, water, and litter she is fairly maintance free. She loves to snuggle, nuzzle, and sleep with me. She also likes to lick me. She doesn't claw my furniture like the other cat does, and she doesn't climb to places where she can't get down. However, she will hang out in the windows during the day.

My advice would be to look for a cat that is possibly older and more mellow as kittens are too mischevious and playful. One that is loving but not demanding.