View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 AM
redmadder

I may be qualified to address the reason we hide fabric purchases from our DH. He is not directly challenging the need for more fabric, unless of course you used the mortgage money. Of course some demented males use criticism to exert control over their smarter, more creative, and better halves. In the sad case that one is married to such a man, he's going to impotently carry on no matter what you do. You keep doing your thing, you have our sympathy and support.

The conflict is that men have a tendency to look at raw materials and believe they must be used immediately. Unless of course it is their garage, man cave, or tools. So in order to maintain harmony, these poor souls must be shielded from the stimulus that constant replenishment of our materials would provoke. After all, too much and they might tackle those project they've been putting off and really get in our way.

Does this explain our habits to those who eschew the benefits of better halfdom? I certainly hope so because I have several quilts underway and that load of fabric to move from the flying saucer to under the bed.