View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl View Post
I found an iron that eliminates my pet peeve with irons. It's so aggravating to turn on my iron, wait for it to heat, iron a seam, sew a few more seams, return to the iron to find that it has turned off automatically, and then have to wait for the iron to heat up again. Last week I ordered a Hamilton Beach Smart Lift iron through amazon.com. The automatic-off feature can be turned off so that the iron stays heated while I'm sewing. The price is $26.95, and Amazon doesn't charge sales tax. I'm sure it's sold by other stores, too. On my computer screen the color appeared to be dark blue with a light blue water-well, but it's actually black with a lavender color water well. The iron is heavier than I like an iron to be, but I can handle it okay. (I have Parkinson's and my hands and arms are weaker than they were in my better days.) I LOVE my new iron!
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only quilter who doesn't like the auto off. When my last iron died, I nearly drove my DH NUTS driving me all over kingdom come to find one that didn't auto shut off. I have a Black & Decker now that doesn't shut off but I'm going to get one of these so when this iron goes {poof} I'll have a good new one. THANK YOU!!!