View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM
annesthreads

Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
I have spray basted over 150 quilts, either my own or helped with my friends. We have a super easy technique. Cover my king bed with a big flannel sheet, put batting down and arrange backing on that, fold back half of backing, spray batting and smooth backing back down. Fold back other half, spray and smooth. Flip it over so batting is on top, arrange quilt top and continue the fold back, spraying, smooth technique. Walk away and leave it for 30 minutes or so and it's ready to go.
You've answered a question for me. I have terrible problems with layering quilts, because I don't have a big wall/floor/table and don't know of anywhere else I could go to do this job. Just this evening I was struggling to sandwich a quilt in a cramped space on the floor, and ended up with puckers in the back as usual. As I read the posts here I was wondering if it might be better to start with the batting, as it's less likely than the backing fabric to pucker, spray baste and put the backing on it, then turn it and add the top. You've given me a method AND the great idea of using a bed. Thankyou!