View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 AM
YukonViv

Originally Posted by logofflater View Post
As a guy I like the collage without the sashing but I couldn't tell you what he likes. You have to ask him. Lay out a couple of setups for him to choose from and then do it that way regardless of how you feel about it. After all if it was yours you would have flowers on it. ( Exaggeration there just to make the point).

Comics are about action and the panels are deliberatly complicated with a lot of detail. Sashing would take some of that away and loose the flavor to my way of thinking. You just gotta ask him how he wants it.
I totally agree, when I first looked at the quilt I thought HOW COOL!! and please don't add sashing because to me, it'll take away from the genre. When I walk into a comic book store with my kids I'm over stimulated with a bang, and that's ok, because that's this life...and the quilt the way it looks laid out is so like walking into a comic book store, I love it.

IF you do choose to use a stashing, it has to be a neutral and in this case black. Why black? because comic strips and panels have that edge of black and you can try echoing it.

But I challenge you to further let go of your comfort zone and use the collage effect, it truly works.

ps: I had my 11 y.o. and 13 y.o. look at it and they LOVE it the way it's laid out without sashing. And trust me, they both make little quilts too but they are heavy into comics and sci fi.

Hope that helps!