View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
needledumb

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329664[/ATTACH]Machine is being shipped, so not with me yet. Only photo I have & sorry 'bout size...the computer and I have a love/hate relationship, sans the love. Described as in near pristine condition, & the pedal looked like it had never known a toe-tapper - 1.5 amps, 21 built-in stitches, etc. Guess I was fortunate in that there was only but one other bidder. Seller wrote after sale that she had two previous offers, each nixed by each lustful galpal's hubby. Via web research I was informed that there were some 15 companies making what are now called Japanese clone machines dovetailing post ww2 reconstruction; Usually under contract from the likes of Singer, Brothers, Necchia, etc & also for every department store brand under the sun; Sometimes they would also deconstruct and copy existing machines, with usual results as good, sometimes even better than mimicked originals. Some maybe not, so dunno.

I opted to order a generic instruction manual for $5 + postage, said within public domain, although described as for '60s zig-zags - what caught my eye there was seller's write-up (Having problems finding exact match manual?) about how many/most were similarly constructed and he used it for, among others, a Dressmaker...I saw a Dressmaker label machine with a similar, not exactly, looking dial set-up. With my baseline of understanding I read dog feed and figure Rover's tummy is growling...just to underscore the less than little I know.

Someone wrote that the manual is the most important accessory one can have, so, hope the generic one helps; Can't hurt; And plan to keep looking for any manual that figures to even help more, so as to better enable my loopy learning curve.
Attached Thumbnails sewmore770.jpg