Sewmor 770...........

Old 11-21-2016, 01:32 PM

Thank you!!
Old 08-04-2017, 06:19 AM

Default Dressmaker 770

This has been an informative thread! I am looking at a Dressmaker 770 that looks the same as the models in this thread. The question I had about needing cams was answered (no), and the need for a manual (thanks!).
Now, does anyone know if the pattern cams AND any cam gear are all metal or is there a plastic gear that could be broken? Judging from the semi-circular bump out on top behind the pattern selector, I assume the cam stack is mounted horizontally. I am just done with cracked plastic gears [ATTACH=CONFIG]577995[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 00r0r_53gthjy5lqe_1200x900.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

I've never seen that machine- it's very cool!!!!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Banned

I could be wrong, but I'd hazard a guess that this 770 is all metal inside just going by when it was made(circa 1960). I don't think Japanese machines started using plastic in the innards for another several years. Why don't you take the top off and check it out?

Cari
Old 08-04-2017, 09:41 AM

It's on CL about 2 hour drive thru LA traffic. I love the looks and if it was local, and all metal, and they would reduce the price, I would go pick it up.
Although I have exceeded my VSM budget this month...by 4 months worth...
It has been listed for a few weeks so I am putting it on my keep an eye on it list.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:39 AM

Default My machine looks exactly like yours but it's a different name

Spoiler

Originally Posted by needledumb View Post

I opted to order a generic instruction manual for $5 + postage, said within public domain, although described as for '60s zig-zags - what caught my eye there was seller's write-up (Having problems finding exact match manual?) about how many/most were similarly constructed and he used it for, among others, a Dressmaker...I saw a Dressmaker label machine with a similar, not exactly, looking dial set-up. With my baseline of understanding I read dog feed and figure Rover's tummy is growling...just to underscore the less than little I know.

Someone wrote that the manual is the most important accessory one can have, so, hope the generic one helps; Can't hurt; And plan to keep looking for any manual that figures to even help more, so as to better enable my loopy learning curve.
How do I attach a picture ?
Old 01-01-2023, 12:25 PM

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.