View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 AM
didi

Default My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table

Went to a yard sale, Sat.. walked up and there was a featherweight and the card table, plus the case. I ask how much she wanted for it..Lady next to me said I just bought it. I had to ask for how much......oh no, $15.00 for all of it....my heart dropped. Walked around for awhile looking, listening to the ladies, her asking about prices and then asking husband if it was O.K. to buy....Well, I stuck my neck out and asked the husband if he wanted to make a pofit on the sewing machine and table...whispering very low...he said yes, my heart pounding....said I would offer $50.00....he accepted, ask me to meet him at the grocery store parking lot....down I went to the lot, waiting, waiting, waiting....Oh no he's not coming..then here comes the van...we exchange money and items. Here's the funny part.."he says they sure did mess up that card table, I would have liked that but I guess I would have had to glue that piece, for it to work". Did I do the right thing, I did save the FW table from being glued..Oh the machine works, has a white cord and the light toggle is broked, but that can be fixed and the table is in good shape she was born in 1950..will try to post pictures later. I wanted the table for my FW, will give the FW to my sister.