View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Canada Kate

Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
I like your quilt, but since you feel so strongly about it, donate it -- someone will treasure it. Find out what colors the mama to be wants for baby's room, and make one that will knock her socks off, so she will feel liked and treasured like everyone else does. How sad that no one likes her...it must make it awfully hard for her to get up everyday and go to work having everyone treat her that way. I'd want to make HER a quilt, too, just to set an example for others.
DebbE, you and many others have posted advice similar to this, and I agree with you that I probably should not give it to her. I have 2 more girl baby quilts completed: one purple and one pink - so I think I may give the orange one to charity as so many of you have suggested.

I also think that it would be terrible to not be liked at work, but some of it is self-induced on her part. Regardless, I'd rather have it where most everyone likes working with me. This is one of the reasons why I give a quilt to anyone in my branch: because I am their manager and I don't want it to look like I am picking favourites , and also because I love to quilt.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice!