Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fugly Orange Baby Quilt >

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 AM

I think it is very nice and a lot of young moms would love it . Do you know what sex the baby is ? What about a shiloutte of a flower, a teddy bear, a favorite animal ....the possibilities are endless.

PS.I feel sorry for the girl that no one likes.Groups of people can be so cruel. If she is not nice perhaps it is a defense mechanism kicking in to bounce off the haters......I have been there , attacked , and almost fired It was not fun beleive me ,and I still bear the scars. But , you know what? I am on of the only ones left because I in the end won
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with Barny. Give the lady who no one likes the very best quilt you have. Just because no one likes her doesn't make her unlikable. This may lead to a relationship you would never have had otherwise and maybe, just maybe, she is really worth knowing. I think we are very wrong to judge others when we don't know their whole story.

That being said, I absolutely love orange, but I have to agree this is way too much orange. I think orange should be separated by other warm colors to tone it down. If I felt like you do about this quilt, I would donate it to a charity. Someone will love it!!
Wow, I think I really started something with this post!!! I haven't been on the board for a few days and just logged in to see that we're now up to 14 pages on this thread. Nolee, I'm going to give her one that I am proud of. I really like the idea of putting the orange one the back of my chair at work. I think I may just do that!

And thanks for all of you who said that I'm being too hard on myself. I probably am. Sometimes it sucks to be a Type A. :-)
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM

I read a couple pages on this and came directly here to post with the intent of Barny's thoughts.
I agree, regardless of liking the girl - give her something beautiful so you won't have her and the
"orange monster" on your mind. Charity is an excellent choice IMHO. My motto - try never to give
something you wouldn't want yourself.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

I love it! It's such a happy quilt! And the colors are hot!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:51 AM

Personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The colors and pattern are awesome! I would have been thrilled to receive such a beautiful quilt for children....heck, I'd use it for myself now.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM

I like it! I'm not having a baby, but sure would take it!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 AM

I love it. I have always wanted to make an orange quilt. if you don't like it then give it to a charity for displaced children, a hsp, or shelter. I think it is great. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 AM

Way back when my #3 son was born I received a crocheted baby afghan that was not the colors I would have chosen and was sort of wonky as well. But it was given with love and he used it till it got way,way too small to cover him up.

I do like the suggestion of putting it over your chair and seeing who likes it. Then make one that YOU feel good about giving to the new mom.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
Looks modern to me,Maybe she likes modern?? I like it anyway.
Me too, looks great.