Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Honeynga

Originally Posted by Valerie Ann View Post
I have a birthday promise of a new machine to take with me to class as my Bernina is just too heavy. I continue to read about all the hype surrounding featherweights, but really, are they that great? Or, should I consider another machine (light and portable) for class use? Help! Seeking Advice...

My FW, Miss Jimmie Lee, is absolutely awesome; whether she does the sewing that I need at the moment or not ! I grew up in a foster home in the 50's and early 60's and my foster mother, Jimmie Lee, made just about ALL of my clothes on a FW; up to and including a winter coat and my wedding dress ! When she passed on her shady half brother made off with all her belongings and I never had a chance to recover her FW; HOWEVER, I was at a yard sale last summer and happened upon on; couldn't write $25 check fast enough...when I got in the car with my new baby, I cried !

I've used it a great deal since I purchased it and it does sew awesome straight stitch seams; however, I do have other machines that do the fancy pancy stuff but without sentiment ! SO, to answer your question, my FW is my pride and joy within my sewing machine family !