Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
JanTx

Sea weed and puzzle pieces - I can do that! I had in-person affirmation this morning. I brought my quilt to show off where I teach. SEVERAL people wanted to know to whom I 'd sent it for quilting. (THey don't know from nothing but knew people paid others to do that job.) When I said I did it myself they were so amazed! Of course, I bit my lip to keep from saying - do you SEE that raggedy little line there on that cream fabric? Can't you TELL I am doing this by the seat of my pants?? I just smiled and carried my little treasure away with me.

Next week I've taken off to go on a field with this class. Only SPECIAL people are asked to go so I'm quite honored (you have to pass a criminal background check). I am very tempted to bring my little treasure then - I'm worse than a kid at Christmas - I can't wait for her to see this. But ... I'll wait.... maybe!

Ruth - I will certainly do this. This lovely lady taught first grade until this year and then was moved to pre-k. You can imagine what she thought about that. There are 26 children in the room. (I'll let you absorb that number for a minute.) There is an aide in there most of the time. (She's getting a quilt, too.) I am a 34-year veteran teacher, but I sit in amazement at the tone, pacing, discipline, structure, and process I see in this classroom. After each visit - I think I've been there 3 times this school year and my husband went once for a walkathon activity - I write a note to her principal cc'd to her and extoll her virtues. I hope that makes a wee difference in her exhausting day!

Last edited by JanTx; 04-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.