View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:44 PM
coffeebreak

I just made ones for my two grand daughters...one is 12 and the other is 6. I started 4 years ago collecting t's that "meant" something to them...their favorite T for some reason. They both were in the Hanna Montana era so each has their fav HM tee. They both loved Dinosaurs, so there is one of those there. THe oldest was in girl scouts and a T they made while at Sea World. She loved marine life so there is the Aquarium of the Pacific and other things/places she loved in her early years of life! The younger one..a little harder as I only had 4 years to collect, and I had to use fabric instead for some of her likes, but her first one was "everyone loves a blued eyed girl" and that is there and so on.

I cut the front of the tee's 9 inch square. I did iron on interface them so they didn't unravel. I then Appliqued the 9" t to a 12 inch block. And from there...just normal sashing to attach all the blocks. They both turned out perfect. I also used a fleece backing...the oldest one says "ROCK" and has guitars and curly-q's and the younger one loved Tinkerbell so that was the backing for hers.

I know some doing adult size t's just cut the whole front out and sash them together. I have not done that way as I don't like working with double knit in any fashion (including wearing it!!!) So if that is how you want to do it, I can't help you there! But this is how I did the little ones T's.

Both are 65x65 in size...about twin bed size, give or take! I didn't do them with measurements in mind other than the size of the main block (12x12) and the sashings I made just to make it all look right.
Attached Thumbnails ash-tshirt-1.jpg   kellie-t-shirt-quilt.jpg