View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
I'm leery of ordering online....I want to touch & feel the fabric...
You really need to get over this. I too used to be this way so I started paying attention to manufacturers I really like and have consistant products. Now I order on line much more than I buy in person at an LQS. I have gotten LQS name brand fabrics for as little as 3.50 per yard when hitting a good sale of older discontinued lines. On line shopping is the BEST! You can shop in your jammies from the comfort of home at any time day or night and in a few days it is like Christmas with a package at your doorstep full of lovely fabrics. Just start paying attention to the info on the selvedge the next time you go fabric shopping at an LQS and see what brands you like. I have yet to get a bad apple on line. Additionally, most on line sources I have dealt with do not hesitate to take the stuff back if you are disappointed. You will, however, be out the shipping charges and will have to pay for shipping to send back, unless of course it was their mistake, and often, in my experience when something like that happens they have let me keep what they sent by mistake and simply reshipped the right stuff. This has happened to me with Fabric depot, connecting threads and most recently with Thousands of Bolts it was a wide back so a lot of yardage. I decided to keep the one they sent as I liked it so much, so they gave me a $10 GC.