View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Rose_P

I didn't check the brand name, but I saw some fabric at Joann's that had a beautiful print that I really wanted, but when I looked closely I was shocked at how thin and feeble it was, especially since the price (before the "sale" discount) put it right up against prices in our LQS. On the other hand, I bought some other fabric at Joann's recently with the name "April Cornell" on the selvage that I'm very happy with. I don't remember how the price compared, but I don't think it was overpriced at all, at least not considering the "sale".

I think it would be great if we had a law preventing companies from using their long-trusted brand names after they have moved the manufacturing offshore and reduced the quality. To continue to use that trusted name is deceptive, IMO. Also deceptive and despicable are companies gradually shrinking the size of their products, such as fabric being woven a few inches narrower than we're used to, which could really mess up a lot of our planning, if we can't cut as many pieces across the width!