Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM
SueSew

Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
Ooooo...that sucks. I am so sorry. Whenever I finally decide that I am never going to use that (skein of thread, piece of wood, plant pot, length of pipe) and throw it out, I find that I need it within two weeks. Never fails.

Alison
oooh, true. My DH is a saver, and when we got married I sold my house. I was going to throw out some 6' or 8' wood fencing - junky looking stockade fencing which had been in the back yard. well, he made me keep it and what do you know, the woman in the apartment house behind ours got a dreadful yapper pit bull she kept on a stake in the yard, so we stockaded our back yard with the old fence. we could hear the dog but at least didn't have to look at it.

I had to write him a note promising never to throw out anything again, and he still keeps it in his wallet. LOL of course we have thrown lots of stuff out, but my rule for quilting is that if it doesn't take up a lot of room, put it in a bod or the bottom drawer, because in years to come I may figure out what to do with it. Like a stash!