View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
mommaB

Be happy you only have ONE!! I counted 15 in my yard Sunday morning!! We just have the little gray squirrels here, but I have two oak treees in the yard (hate them, but they're big and were here when I bought it), so ALOT of digging and acorn burying goes on. I even have an albino one! I tolerate them, the dog tries to kill them :lol: :lol: . I figure they're easier to deal with than the chipmunks who live under my shed, those cute little buggers are extremely destructive! The squirrels leave the bulbs and plants alone, but the chipmunks eat every bulb and managed to get in my attic...the ones that get in get poisoned, I can't have them possibly chewing wires and nesting, imagine the stench!! I think it won't be too bad once the lawn is established, hang in there..

Oh, around here its illegal to trap wildlife and transport to another area to release due to rabies. And its really expensive to have the game catchers come trap them and dispose of them. My ex and I had a problem with woodchucks at the old house..we did use a hav-a-heart trap, but destroyed them after they were caught. We lived in town and got 14 one summer. they were diggging under the foundation and had to go.