View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Tiffany

Thanks Brenda! I've added the book to my list. I've heard of the book but never seen it and always wondered what the quilts inside looked like. I'm very impressed with yours and am eager now to see the book in person!

Sadly, I demand perfection from myself when quilting and 'good enough' normally isn't something I allow myself. That's not to say I'm the perfect quilter. Bwa ha ha hahahahah! No, far from it. I just can't seem to subscribe to the theory that many quilters have, which is if you can't see it from ten feet away and walking past it, then it doesn't matter. I cringe when I hear that and at the same time I am glad for people out there who are so relaxed and comfortable with themselves and their work that they 'don't stress it.' I have many friends who feel this way and they help balance me. Still, I will pick out mistakes every time I make one. For me, progress is that I have made a rule for myself. If I pick it out three times and it still doesn't work, 90% of the time I will stop and either leave it as it is or toss it into the scrap pile and move on.
~Tiffany