Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Admin
Administrator

It looks like the PDA section isn't working out as intended.

When we first introduced the PDA section, the biggest concern of some people was the fact that not many others would see their posts down there.

And now, plenty of members post in PDA the kind of content that could (and should) be posted in Main, Pictures or GCC.

To tell you the truth, this really puzzles me.

In any case, I'm considering moving back to the old GCC and simplifying the guidelines, with a few changes.

We won't be deleting threads aside from what really goes over the line.

Threads that get out of hand are going to be locked, and we'll include a notice explaining the reasons.

That way, if you bookmarked some page and it got locked (as opposed to getting deleted), you'll still be able to find out what's happening instead of seeing a "topic doesn't exist" message.

Right now, I'm thinking we should allow everything in GCC except for politics, religion, dirty jokes and personal negative posts.

I can already see that we are going to have a problem with some content.

I think it would even be OK for people to vent in GCC occasionally, but I already know it will get out of hand. As it did in the past.

I would like to hear your thoughts on how to handle the posts that don't fit the GCC guidelines. We'll have such posts no matter what set of guidelines we use. So we might as well discuss how to deal with them.

What do you, as members of this community, believe would be the appropriate action if, say, we get a flood of prayer requests or negative posts or jokes getting out of hand?