Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Sounds like you just can't win. Or at least you can't win them all.

I noticed a recent locked thread and once I read the content it was clear why it got locked. (Negative vibes expressed.)

If someone feels the need to violate the rules [they are not THAT difficult to understand] and then feels the need to vent or complain about the administrators after they were called on their violation is acting pretty immaturely imo.

It would be interesting to hear back from the PDA users why they only post the quilt pics or general pics in the PDA and not in the GCC.
I enjoy my personal thread or PDA very much. I have posted pics that my friends would be interested in and if I think everyone else would be interested then I have posted on the main part.
The thing I like the most about the PDA is that I know I am not taking too much space and talking too much in someone else's thread. In my own I can talk as much as I want and know I am not stepping on anyone's toes.
I also like being able to go to friend's pages and joke around without offending anyone. I would hate to lose the PDA.
I guess I don't feel that it is taking away from the main part of the board as most of what I see in the PDA is chitchat that was frowned on before on the main part.
The PDA is a neighborhood where we enjoy talking over the back fence so to speak. That would take up too much room on the GCC.
Just my thoughts and opinion.

I haven't been using pda.... I haven't had much time to be online so once I've checked the pictures and the main section, I'm pretty much done for the day. Plus, I go in there and there are soooooo many threads I want/need to read, it's just too intimidating and I end up reading none. While I'm asleep, you guys are awake and posting, so there is a whole days worth there when I get up, it's not a slow progression of posts, it's the whole lot in one lump. And it's just too much.
But I miss catching up with what people are up to. Before it changed, I would still miss things, but I'd catch some because there were comments in other threads, or because the thread title would catch my eye. If it was someone I didn't know, or a subject I didn't want to read about, I'd just close the thread and go elsewhere. :-)