Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Sounds like you just can't win. Or at least you can't win them all.

I noticed a recent locked thread and once I read the content it was clear why it got locked. (Negative vibes expressed.)

If someone feels the need to violate the rules [they are not THAT difficult to understand] and then feels the need to vent or complain about the administrators after they were called on their violation is acting pretty immaturely imo.

It would be interesting to hear back from the PDA users why they only post the quilt pics or general pics in the PDA and not in the GCC.
I enjoy my personal thread or PDA very much. I have posted pics that my friends would be interested in and if I think everyone else would be interested then I have posted on the main part.
The thing I like the most about the PDA is that I know I am not taking too much space and talking too much in someone else's thread. In my own I can talk as much as I want and know I am not stepping on anyone's toes.
I also like being able to go to friend's pages and joke around without offending anyone. I would hate to lose the PDA.
I guess I don't feel that it is taking away from the main part of the board as most of what I see in the PDA is chitchat that was frowned on before on the main part.
The PDA is a neighborhood where we enjoy talking over the back fence so to speak. That would take up too much room on the GCC.
Just my thoughts and opinion.

I'm fairly new to the board, but agree with Rhonda, I have several friends I regularly check in with, to see what they are up to, how they are, etc. Yes, we do post pics of work in progress, but I think we all put finished work on the main board, at least I have. I have also responded to requests for pics of the area I live in, that is requests from those I regularly chat with in their PDA's. I doubt if the whole board would be interested, as they haven't been involved in those conversations that prompted the requests in the first place. They still have the option to come on over and join in if they so desire. Please don't mess with our PDA's, I feel I have some good friends in there now, but if you feel we should also post pics on the main board, then just let us know via PM