Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
cutebuns
Power Poster

i have to admit that I am one of the worse ones posting pictures of quilts that I am working on in PDA. part of it was a joke, my friends were hunting where I was going to post the next one, if I did it out on the board, I would have been highjacking other threads. It is the red and black quilt and the reason I am doing that quilt is a sort of therapy as I am very angry a lot of the time. Sad story, boo hoo no one wants to read a lot of bad things, when I quilt is done, I am going to post a picture of it in Pictures. I have done so with most of the quilts that I have been doing. and plan on showing them when they are all done. I am working on 4 quilts right now, do I hog the board and post them all? I am a stay at home mom that spends most of her time quilting, and I am fairly fast, how many threads do you want me to start? how often do you want to see my name up there? I have a presence on the main part of the board, I recently hosted a mystery quilt with another in the planning stages. I have done a few tuts as well that were requested and have more of them planned, like I said, how many times do you want to see my name up there? I have done one or two quilts where I posted work along the way, and not opposed to doing it again, I take lots of pictures etc anyway. But when I do that, the post stays up on the Recent Topics for days and days, until I am done with it, It gets a bump every time I do the next step whether that is my intent or not. My name could very well stay on the recent topics every day, several times down the list, I have no desire to hog the front page. When I am working along, I like to share with my friends and everyone is welcome to come and see, and they really are not missing anything if they don't as it shows up on the board sooner or later.

I do change my title which you let us do on the PDA to announce where the most recent announcement is. You can read right now that there is pictures of sail camp on such and such page, so even when the chatting goes on you can head to page such and such and find it. You don't need to wade through pages and pages of crap to find it. I didn't update it even though I could have, sad news and all of that.

Part of the PDA was for those of us that had gotten chummy to have someplace to play so that we didn't have the new members feeling left out. that is what we do. we horse around, we support each other, we open our arms to anyone and everyone that wants to join in. We have a squatter or two that don't want their own PDA but want to participate in the tomfoolery.

PDA stands for personal diary and announcements. In my personal day, I quilt, makes sense that I would write it in my dairy, toss in a few pictures to prove how nuts I am and how some of those nuts are cracked.

For those that are wondering, I have been writing to Admin, I saw a lot of unrest on the board and decided to take it up with Admin who has been patient and kind, and responded promptly.